Shoulder Pro III with Animations, demonstrated by Julie Tilson, Assistant Professor of Clinical Physical Therapy, was the clear favorite among the apps shown at Norris Library’s Mobile App Show and Tell held Tuesday, May 29th. Part of the NOVA Professional Series available for iOS and Mac OS, the app gives users an in depth look at the shoulder, allowing them to cut, zoom & rotate the shoulder, view cross sections and cut away different layers to reveal muscles, blood vessels, nerves and connective tissue down to the skeleton. The first prize of two movie tickets went to Dr. Tilson, the app show’s overall winner.These other great apps were also presented:
- Simplenote: Organizes list and notes and automatically syncs to all your devices. For iOS, Android, Mac and PC.
- Pocket: Download the free app to save web pages, articles and videos for later view ing by clicking on the Pocket logo. For iOS and Android.
- Evernote: Free app that lets you take notes, capture photos, create to-do lists, record voice reminders–and makes them all completely searchable. For iOS, Android, Blackberry, Windows Phone 7, Mac OS X and Windows.
- Pandora: Creates a customized radio station that plays only the music you enjoy. For iPhone, Android, Blackberry and Palm.
- Ambiance: An “environment enhancer” that generates the sounds of ocean, water, wind, and more than 2500 other soothing sounds. For iOS and Android.
- Monster Anatomy: Part of an interactive radiology app series produced in France. For iOS.
- Epocrates: Drug and formulary reference with pill pictures and patient education information. For iOS, Android, Blackberry, Windows Mobile and Palm.
- Out of Milk: A to-do list app that interfaces with your mobile device and your desktop or laptop. Your shareable lists are always accessible and can be updated in real time. For iOS, Android, Mac and PC.
- Inkling: Interactive book-publishing platform for the iPad. Download the app, then purchase from their selection of titles to take advantage of the imbedded multimedia features.
- Blackberry Traffic: Figures out your ETA based on current traffic conditions. Suggests alternate routes and uses turn-by-turn voice guidance to get you where you’re going. For Blackberry only.
- Dosecast: Schedule reminders for all your medications. For iOS,and Android.
- iFlashcards: Create your own flashcard study aids or download those made available by others. For iOS and Android.
- iAnnotate: Make notes and share your comments on documents, PDFs and photos. For iOS and Android.
Missed the App Show and Tell? Know about other great apps? Use the comments section below to make suggestions and also be sure to check out other popular apps on the Norris Library’s Mobile Devices guide.