AccessSurgery is an important new integrated online resource that provides medical students, surgical residents, and practicing surgeons with quick answers from trusted sources. Organized around the ACGME’s (Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education) mandate for a Core Curriculum, AccessSurgery delivers content in context.
Select a topic or procedure and view related content from:
- Surgical Videos: Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Surgical Animations: Adapted from Zollinger’s Atlas of Surgical Operations, 8th Edition
- Textbooks: Nine titles including Schwartz’s Principles of Surgery, 8th Edition and CURRENT Surgical Diagnosis & Treatment, 12th Edition
- Surgical Atlas: Zollinger’s Atlas of Surgical Operations, 8th Edition
- Surgical Anatomy: Skandalakis’ Surgical Anatomy
- Board Review: Surgery Review Illustrated and Schwartz’s Principles of Surgery: Self-Assessment and Board Review, 8th Edition
- Quick Answers: CURRENT Consult Surgery
In addition to providing integrated content, AccessSurgery offers a range of special features designed to assist resident education and support surgical practice.
- Create your own Board Review test from Surgery Review Illustrated and Schwartz’s Principles of Surgery: Self-Assessment and Board Review, 8th Edition, then email results to your program director.
- View surgical videos on your iPod from the Schwartz editorial team.
- Look up a symptom or disease in our differential diagnosis (DDx) tool.
- Download the free PDA diagnostic tool from CURRENT Consult Surgery.
- Assess the extent of disease through cancer staging tables.
- Discover related government guidelines by clicking a pre-populated search box.
- Launch a customized search for just videos, just images, or view full-site results.
- Research medication indications, dosages, and contraindications through an integrated drug database provided by Gold Standard.