Publisher Wiley Interscience recently announced a Funded Access Option for a selection of their journals (including Arthritis and Rheumatism and Journal of Comparative Neurology). By paying a fee after an article has been accepted for publication, the author of a primary research article ensures that the article is made available to non-subscribers when it is published online.
Wiley is the latest major commercial publishers to join open access publishers Public Library of Science (PLoS) and Biomed Central (BMC) in offering such an option. These open access programs, and several of their participating titles include the following:
- Clinical and Experimental Allergy
- Epidemiology and Infection
- Experimental Cell Research
- Vision Research
- Cells Tissues Organs
- Kidney and Blood Pressure Research
Oxford is the first publisher to adjust their subscription prices to take into account the number of open access articles published in the previous year.
- Journal of the National Cancer Institute (JNCI)
Springer (SpringerLink) – Springer Open Choice – all Springer titles are included in the program
- Digestive Diseases and Sciences
- Journal of Clinical Immunology
- Journal of Community Health
- AIDS Care
- Drug Development and Industrial Pharmacy