Vadlo is a beta version of a new search engine designed to make it easier to locate biology research-related information on the web. Users can search within five categories covering all branches of the life sciences.
- Protocols: search for methods, techniques, assays, procedures, reagent recipes, plasmid maps, etc.
- Online Tools: calculators, servers, prediction tools, sequence alignment and manipulation tools, primer design etc.
- Seminars: powerpoint files for presentations, lectures and talks.
- Databases: links to databases, resources, compilations, lists etc. and genes and proteins.
- Software: codes, scripts, algorithms, executables, downloadable programs and collaborations for bioinformatics experts.
The Vadlo site also has daily cartoons especially for postdocs.