COS, originally known as Community of Science, develops tools to help researchers find information essential to their work. The database is a global registry and an excellent source of funding information and potential collaborators for academic faculty and students and nonacademic researchers in all disciplines. COS brings together the world’s most prominent scientists and researchers at more than 1,600 universities, corporations, and government agencies worldwide.
All USC faculty members, researchers, graduate students and postdoctoral fellows can register for a free account to take advantage of the following services:
COS Funding Opportunities – Most comprehensive source of funding information available on the web.
COS Expertise – Database containing more than 480,000 profiles submitted by researchers from over 1,600 leading universities and other institutions.
COS Workbench – A personalized Workbench from which to access and manage COS services.
- Create your COS Expertise Profile to promote yourself and your work.
- Create a CV in word processing format from your COS Expertise Profile.
- Set up a Funding Alert Account to receive a weekly email or alerts on the web.
- Save up to 40 funding searches.
- Keep track of up to 250 funding records.
- Share saved searches with other COS members.
COS Scholar Universe – A database of over 1 million scholars and organizations comprising international faculty at 4-year universities and their departments.
PapersInvited – A list of Calls for Papers issued by professional bodies, journal editors and other conference organizers in all disciplines.
Additional information is available at the permanent COS information page on the library web site.