The Cochrane Library is an electronic publication designed to supply high quality evidence to inform people providing and receiving care, and those responsible for research, teaching, funding and administration at all levels.
The Cochrane Library consists of a regularly updated collection of evidence-based medicine databases. The databases are:
- Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (Cochrane Reviews)
- Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effects (DARE)
- Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL)
- Cochrane Methodology Register (Methodology Register)
- Health Technology Assessment Database (HTA)
- NHS Economic Evaluation Database (NHS EED)
To search only one database, go to “Advanced Search” and check the box next to the database name under “Restrict Search by Product.”
A variety of instructional tools is available from the Cochrane web page.