Several new limiters have been added to CINAHL to better focus search results:
- Written by a Nurse:
- First Author is Nurse: retrieves records where it is confirmed that the first author of an article is a nurse
- Any Author is Nurse: retrieves records where at least one author is a nurse
- Limit only good for articles 2009 -Forward
- Include or exclude Pre-CINAHL records using the PF field tag:
- A search for PF N will search only within Pre-CINAHL content.
- A search for PF Y will exclude all Pre-CINAHL content.
- Searchers can also use the Include Pre-CINAHL limiter to limit a search to just Pre-CINAHL.
- Human limiter:
- Applies only to research studies that use human subjects
- Excludes animal studies
Standard data elements have also been added to CINAHL records:
- Digital Object Identifier (DOI): added from 2009 forward
- Pubmed Central ID (PMCID): added from 2009 forward
If you have questions or need further information about CINAHL, go to http://support.epnet.com/cinahl.