March 23, 2011
The PubMed connection file included with EndNote X4.0.2 for both Windows and Mac places the full journal name in the Journal field rather than the abbreviated journal name.
The Medical terms list in EndNote keys on the abbreviated journal name for presenting the appropriate variation in your bibliographies. By replacing your X4.0.2 PubMed connection file with this copy, you will restore the journal name substitution with the terms list. This only applies to EndNote X4.0.2, other versions are not impacted. To properly install this new connection file:
- Download the connection file from the link above and save it somewhere easy to find, such as your Desktop.
- Double-click on the downloaded file to open it in the EndNote software.
- Click the File menu in EndNote and select Save As.
- IMPORTANT: Make sure that the name shows here as PubMed (NLM). You may need to remove the word “Copy” to get it to show exactly correctly. Then, click Save.
- The correct connection file is now installed in EndNote. You can delete the copy that you downloaded.