Want to turn your presentations and posters from Plain Jane to colorful and pretty? Join us in the West Conference Room on Friday, July 27 from Noon – 1:00 pm for our next Technology Lunch Series workshop. “From Plain to Pretty: Finding Multimedia for Presentations & Posters” will show you where to find free images, audio and video as you enjoy free pizza and bottled water. Read the rest of this entry »
The Norris Medical Library Bioinformatics Service Program will host hands-on training workshops on Partek genomic data analysis software. Presented by Ryan Peters, Field Application Specialist, Partek Inc. and Jean Jasinski, Ph.D. , Field Application Scientist, Partek Inc., the on-site workshops will feature Partek Flow for web-based NGS data alignment, statistics, and analysis and Partek Genomics Suite for enhanced statistics, visualization, and data integration with workflows for both array and NGS data analysis.
- Overview of Partek® Genomics Suite™
- Microarray-Based Gene Expression Data Analysis Workflow
- Hands-on Microarray Expression Data Analysis
- Introduction to NGS Data Analysis
- NGS Data Alignment with Partek® Flow®
- RNA-Seq Data Analysis Workflow
- Hands-on RNA-Seq Data Analysis
- Overview of Other NGS Data Workflows
Thursday, August 9th, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Friday, August 10th, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Aresty Auditorium, Harlyne J. Norris Research Tower
USC Health Sciences campus
Registration is mandatory. Please complete the registration form.
Slideshare is a website for sharing presentations, documents, PDFs, videos and webinars. Founded in 2006 and voted one of the top tools for learning in 2011(1), “anyone can view presentations & documents on topics that interest them, download them and reuse or remix for their own work.”(2)
How can you use Slideshare?
• Upload presentations publicly or privately
• Download presentations on any topic and reuse or remix
• Embed on blogs, websites, company intranets
• Share on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn
• Embed YouTube videos inside SlideShare presentations
Join such illustrious users as the White House, the U.S. Army and the U.S. Navy, the United Nations and Hewlett Packard, among others, to browse Slideshare to generate ideas for creating your own presentations or download and repurpose slides for your own use. The use of the basic interface is free or get additional features with Slideshare Pro, available for a monthly fee.*
1. Top 100 Tools for Learning 2011. http://c4lpt.co.uk/top-100-tools-for-learning-2011/. Accessed July 13, 2012.
2. Slideshare web site. http://www.slideshare.net/about. Accessed July 13, 2012.
Did you know that USC pays for a wide variety of mobile device apps, many of which are free for USC faculty, staff and students? Join Norris librarians at the LAC+USC inpatient tower cafeteria from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Thursday, July 19 to learn about some of the many free and free to you clinical apps available for mobile devices. Be sure to check out the Norris library’s mobile devices guide for additional information about useful apps and mobile-friendly websites.
Did you know that the U.S. government has created more than 100 apps and mobile sites offering official information and services available for free download? Many are cross-platform, but not all can be used on every device. Check out the apps and sites below for information you can use for a variety of purposes. Read the rest of this entry »