Slideshare is a website for sharing presentations, documents, PDFs, videos and webinars. Founded in 2006 and voted one of the top tools for learning in 2011(1), “anyone can view presentations & documents on topics that interest them, download them and reuse or remix for their own work.”(2)
How can you use Slideshare?
• Upload presentations publicly or privately
• Download presentations on any topic and reuse or remix
• Embed on blogs, websites, company intranets
• Share on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn
• Embed YouTube videos inside SlideShare presentations
Join such illustrious users as the White House, the U.S. Army and the U.S. Navy, the United Nations and Hewlett Packard, among others, to browse Slideshare to generate ideas for creating your own presentations or download and repurpose slides for your own use. The use of the basic interface is free or get additional features with Slideshare Pro, available for a monthly fee.*
1. Top 100 Tools for Learning 2011. http://c4lpt.co.uk/top-100-tools-for-learning-2011/. Accessed July 13, 2012.
2. Slideshare web site. http://www.slideshare.net/about. Accessed July 13, 2012.