Instapaper is a free, simple to use tool for saving web content to “read later.” Saved content can be downloaded to a Kindle, Sony Reader, or other e-book reader so that it can be read without ads and sidebar links, just as you would read an e-book.
Here’s how to get started with Instapaper:
- Begin at http://www.instapaper.com.
- Click on “Log In” and sign up for an account.
- Drag the “Read It Later” icon to your bookmark tool bar.
- Browse to a page you’d like to “read later.” Click the Read Later bookmark in your toolbar. You should see a pop-up window indicating that the page was saved.
- Return to the Instapaper site. Refresh the page. You should see the article listed under “Unread.” Click on “Text” to read the re-formatted version of the article. In the screen shot below, the Latitudes article has been saved under “Unread.”