The HELIX catalog is being updated and will be unavailable for most of the day on Friday, June 12. As an alternative, to find materials in the Norris Medical Library, please feel free to use Quick Search on the USC Libraries website: http://www.usc.edu/libraries/
Thanks for your patience!
The new versions of USMLE Easy and PA Easy boast advanced features including: a personalized dashboard to monitor your study plan, Course Stream to collaborate with other users, adaptive practice quizzes, skill reports based on USMLE tested concepts, interactive anatomy flashcards, and more.
If you currently have a USMLE Easy or PA Easy account, please note that your account and all its data (practice exam scores, performance profiles, personal study plans) will no longer be available January 1, 2015. If you wish to retain any of this information, log into USMLE Easy or PA Easy to create screenshots or print copies of this data before the New Year.
To continue using USMLE Easy, you’ll need to visit their new website: https://new.usmle-easy.com/institution and create a new user account. This website is available now on USC Network computers only. We hope to have the site available for off-campus access by mid-January.
To continue using PA Easy, you’ll need to visit their new website: https://new.paeasy.com/institution and create a new user account. This website is available now on USC Network computers only. We hope to have the site available for off-campus access by mid-January.
- Why do some patients take all their medications, and some don’t?
- Is vibration therapy or neuromuscular electrical stimulation more effective for muscle pain?
- If an American returns from a visit to Eritrea with a respiratory infection, do they need to be quarantined?
This month the Medical Library Association is honoring the expert assistance that medical librarians provide to faculty, students, health care providers and the general public. How do your Norris medical librarians help you? Let me count the ways:
- Provide resources for teaching and learning
- Develop curricula and provide instruction
- Act as expert consultants on searching the knowledge-based literature
- Provide information support for research proposal development
- Find and integrate the best evidence for clinical decision-making
- Improve patient care and outcomes by locating studies that result in changes in patient care
- Support innovation, research and quality improvement in affiliated hospitals by assisting with integration of evidence-based resources into electronic medical record systems
- Manage electronic resources, selecting the best databases and negotiating licensing agreements
Stop by the Norris reference desk October 1-3 for a treat to celebrate and start the month sweetly.
ClinicalKey, the large collection of medical resources, upgraded its platform upgrade September 23rd.
Among the new enhancements are:
- A cleaner, mobile-friendly design for discovering clinical content on the go
- 1,400+ new Topic Pages that offer quick access to point-of-care content, including risk factors, treatments and more
- A new browse feature with a searchable, filterable list of sources that highlights new books and journals
- A new search history feature enabling you to view and refresh recent queries
Users should register and log into ClinicalKey to take advantage of the database’s personalization features. A detailed user guide is available for further information.
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) public access policy requires scientists to submit final peer-reviewed journal manuscripts funded by NIH to PubMed Central immediately upon acceptance for publication. The Public Access Policy webpage http://publicaccess.nih.gov/provides step-by-step instructions for complying with the policy. Instructions for preparing a manuscript, what to do after it has been accepted for publication and reporting to NIH are included. Links to a training video as well as to specific instructions for authors’ own publications are also included. Norris librarians have also created a NIH Public Access Policy subject guide and informative videos to guide you through the process.