June 29, 2015
The Norris Medical Library initiated a new printing system in February 2015. At that time, we continued to allow use of the old BLUE print cards so you had the opportunity to use up the value on those cards. As indicated then, we will completely stop use of the old BLUE cards as of June 30, 2015. From July 1, only USCards and the new Print/Copy cards may be used, and the BLUE cards will no longer function nor have any value.
Remember that you can add value to your USC ID card and use that to print!
June 18, 2015
Your suggestions are welcome and help us to improve our services. You may make a suggestion by using our suggestion box located near the exit in the plaza level, or send a suggestion via email to: email@example.com.
The extended hours start in May, but pharmacy students have 5 finals in the beginning of May (from the 1st – 11th) and some years it start at the end of April. If the library closes they have essentially nowhere to go. Whereas medical students have MDLs & their own cubicle 24 hours a day. So if the library’s hours were extended starting halfway through April, it would be very helpful. Medical students have exams in June, so it could be normal hours from May 11 – 24d or so if cost is an issue.
Thank you for your suggestion. We appreciate your input. We will be in the process of setting hours for the entire academic year this summer and will take your suggestion under consideration.
Systems & Information Technology Division
April 1, 2015
In observation of Easter Sunday, the library will be closed Sunday, April 5th, 2015.
February 2, 2015
THE NEW PRINT SYSTEM
- Use at Norris Medical Library (NML), or Wilson Dental Library (WDL)
- Pay with USCard – http://www.usc.edu/uscard/
- Purchase an NML-WDL COPY/PRINT card if not eligible for a USCard
- Cannot replenish funds on NML-WDL COPY/PRINT card
- Cost $.10 one-sided, $.18 double-sided – black
- Cost $.50 one-sided, $.90 double-sided – color where supported
USE OLD BLUE PRINT CARDS – For a while
- Old BLUE print cards can still be used
- Send jobs to printer names that start with BLUE, e.g. BLUE_NML_PLAZA-Duplex
- Old BLUE print cards will no longer be sold
- At least one old print station maintained at NML until June 30, 2015
- Old print system fully decommissioned June 30, 2015
- Old BLUE print cards will then no longer function nor have any value
PRINT STATION LOCATIONS
- NML Lab on second floor
- Plaza level
- Print/Photocopy room on lower level
PRINT FROM LAPTOPS, TABLETS or PHONES
Complete printing instructions and policies are located here-
January 5, 2015
AIDSinfo, a collaboration of the US Department of Health and Human Services and the US National Library of Medicine, has announced the release of a new app for iOS and Android devices. Using data from the AIDSinfo Drug Database, the drug app provides information on more than 100 HIV-related approved and investigational drugs. The information, in English and Spanish, is tailored to meet the needs of both health care providers and consumers. Users can personalize the free AIDSinfo Drug App to suit their needs:
- Receive notifications when content is updated.
- Bookmark frequently referenced drugs for easy access at any time.
- Add personal notes to any drug.
- Select from a menu of alarms to set pill reminders for any drug.
See AIDSinfo Releases Drug App for iOS and Android Devices for further information.*
*Blog article excerpted from the National Library of Medicine.